Clean eating thai chicken lettuce wraps recipe
Author: Jenny Collier
Recipe type: Healthy
(Recipe from http://jennycollier.com/)
A delicious clean version of Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
- Head of bib lettuce
- 1 lb chicken breasts, diced
- Low sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 cups diced Pineapple
- Shredded Carrots
- Peanut Sauce:
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime (about 1 lime)
- ⅛ cup creamy natural peanut butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced finely
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp low-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 drops chile sesame oil
- Saute the chicken breasts with about 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce until cooked through.
- Next, mix all of the ingredients for the peanut sauce (the last 11 ingredients) and whisk until combined. Then arrange the cooked chicken, diced pineapple, and shredded carrots on a platter. And enjoy!