What you need:
- One medium spaghetti squash.
- One pound of ground Italian sausage.
- One can of tomato sauce, I used a 14 ounce can.
- 2 tbsp of hot pepper relish (optional).
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, whole.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Italian seasoning (Oregano, Basil, Thyme) to taste, I used about 2 tsp
How you make it:
- Make sure you use a large 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.
- Dump your tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic, hot pepper relish and Italian seasoning into your slow cooker and stir well.
- Cut your squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Place your 2 squash halves face down into your slow cooker.
- Roll your ground sausage into meatballs, then fit as many as you can in the sauce around the squash. I was able to work in about a half pound worth.
- Cook on High for 3 hours or cook on low for 5 hours.
- Use a large fork to pull the “spaghetti” out of your squash, then top with your meatballs and sauce.
- Garnish with parsley if you feel fancy, and enjoy!